Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack is coming to digital, CD & vinyl starting November

Am I understanding this correctly? It says that the CD Edition will be available "through general distribution afterward." So if I just wanted the standard CD Edition, I wouldn't need to rush and pre-order it from LRG on the 20th? If I bought it two or three months later from Amazon or whatever, it would be the exact same thing?

After a long, hard think, i've decided against getting the mega 11LP edition. I've been in a lucky position working from home since lockdown which has allowed me greater disposable income, but more importantly putting more money away for a deposit for a house. As soon as I heard about this, I decided against putting my extra deposit money and treating myself to the mega vinyl boxset. However, i've been treating myself a little too much lately (I was shocked to learn I spent over £200 on Blu-Ray and vinyl this month alone...) and as much as I love vinyl, most of it I only ever listen to once or twice. This is due to having a shit record player and not having the room to play it properly. The idea was always to get a proper set up once I got my own place, but due to the limited nature of most vinyl I get, i've had to prioritise that over the set up.

I might choke and change my mind, but as I was going to get the CD edition anyway, it kinda defeats the purpose to have something i'll only likely ever listen to once (if at all). I'm also a bit worried about the Brexit situation and customs truth be told. I might get the 2LP version to go with my Data Discs versions of SI & II, but i'm unsure if i'm upset or relieved that I am compromising on something that has dominated my thoughts in recent weeks.

I'd rather the limited vinyl went to someone who would actually play it.

On another note, why is there still no page for the vinyls/cds on Limited Run?

More information this week is what they said. Though it's getting down to the wire.
Let's hope so, I wanna know which tracks are on which vinyls haha

I wish we knew what kind of distribution the CD collection will have after the Limited Run preorders. It's really annoying they won't say and I'm getting deja vu with the whole Streets of Rage 4 fiasco where people like me paid upfront for SoR4 from Limited Run, including import fees, only to later find out we could just walk into a GAME or purchase from any domestic retailer we wanted for way cheaper.

If the CD will be available in the UK via Amazon or some other retailer, I want to know. Not just a vague comment about "general distribution".

I'm quite fed up with Limited Run's practices to be honest. Like you, I pre-ordered Streets of Rage 4 and Panzer Dragoon Remake on the assumption that it was the only way to get a physical copy, then of course a regular edition of SoR 4 and a PS4 version of PDR was announced. I got my money back, but they were pretty grumpy about it. I doubt i'll ever use them again. Being US based, it's a bloody nightmare importing with them.

On a side note, I wish they'd stop announcing games each week and maybe just do it as a monthly thing. It's the equivalent of someone sending a text message for every sentence and for some reason kinda annoys me.

I know BigWax are dealing with the UK/EU side of things, but the lack of noise about this is a little worrying.

I just sent Brave Wave a message for an update, so hopefully they'll respond soon.

I'm also wondering about distribution for the CD outside of USA, I'm in the UK so if somewhere closer to home has it I'd prefer to use them.. but I don't want to wait and miss out :(

Oh man...that is gorgeous and for a moment, I almost changed my mind about not getting the vinyl, but i must be strong!

What is pleasing is that - the Suzuki signed edition aside - all of them are available over a 4 week window, so there's no need to rush. It also means less scalpers hopefully (although I wouldn't lie in thinking that the vinyl might make a nice investment down the line).

I'm glad the CD has the awesome new artwork too~

all of them are available over a 4 week window
That'll be nice to not have to sit and watch my clock.

I'm stoked for this release. I've never bought or listened to a vinyl record before but I keep going back and forth on if I should buy any of those sets. Also been thinking about buying a record player to play the Data Discs I bought, but I definitely have no interest in starting to buy any more records.

I do see one issue - the 2lp selected song collection was originally supposed to be gold and silver coloured records. In the pictures it shows plain black, but in the third picture it does show the gold and silver. What's going on there?

Nice touch on the records having the mirrors in the center. That's really damn nice.

I'm stoked for this release. I've never bought or listened to a vinyl record before but I keep going back and forth on if I should buy any of those sets. Also been thinking about buying a record player to play the Data Discs I bought, but I definitely have no interest in starting to buy any more records.
As long as you don't get a really cheap briefcase/crosley player, they sound terrible and degrade records faster

It can be an expensive hobby. That's for sure. Take it from someone who caught the vinyl bug and now buys more vinyl than he probably should.

If you do get into it, then at the very least get a decent player. A good starter kit would be the Audio Technica LP60. It's reasonably priced and is a decent entry point as it is a solid player (not without its flaws.) Or shop around on Ebay and you can find older but perfectly good players for fairly decent prices.

But yeah, it can be an expensive ass hobby and be prepared for the cost of a decent player and decent speakers to get anything out of it. It's why to most people I wouldn't recommend it unless you've got the money to spare.

Anyways, back to my original reason to post.

I'm still torn. Go all out for that 11 LP set? or go for the 2 LP standard set and the cheaper 6 cd collection for the whole thing?

I can't really justify $400 AUD for the 11 LP set. But on the other hand, that box set is so mighty tempting to splurge on.

I at least want one vinyl edition of the SIII soundtrack to sit next to my Shenmue and Shenmue II vinyl (when it arrives) so I was thinking might just go the 2 LP set and 6 CD set. But yeah, would be nice to have a track listing on the 2 LP set. I want to see what it includes.

It can be an expensive hobby. That's for sure. Take it from someone who caught the vinyl bug and now buys more vinyl than he probably should.

If you do get into it, then at the very least get a decent player. A good starter kit would be the Audio Technica LP60. It's reasonably priced and is a decent entry point as it is a solid player (not without its flaws.) Or shop around on Ebay and you can find older but perfectly good players for fairly decent prices.

But yeah, it can be an expensive ass hobby and be prepared for the cost of a decent player and decent speakers to get anything out of it. It's why to most people I wouldn't recommend it unless you've got the money to spare.

Anyways, back to my original reason to post.

I'm still torn. Go all out for that 11 LP set? or go for the 2 LP standard set and the cheaper 6 cd collection for the whole thing?

I can't really justify $400 AUD for the 11 LP set. But on the other hand, that box set is so mighty tempting to splurge on.

I at least want one vinyl edition of the SIII soundtrack to sit next to my Shenmue and Shenmue II vinyl (when it arrives) so I was thinking might just go the 2 LP set and 6 CD set. But yeah, would be nice to have a track listing on the 2 LP set. I want to see what it includes.
Dude i'm still torn on this the day before release too :grimacing:

Back