110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Any company that promises a "huge announcement" in a couple of weeks and then follows up with radio silence deserves the barrage of tweets and pestering they get. They did it to themselves. 110 Industries screwed 110 Industries.

Abuse, vitriol and aggressive behaviour of course is contemptible and not acceptable at all.
bret-screwed-bret-600x338.jpg

Any company that promises a "huge announcement" in a couple of weeks and then follows up with radio silence deserves the barrage of tweets and pestering they get. They did it to themselves. 110 Industries screwed 110 Industries.

Abuse, vitriol and aggressive behaviour of course is contemptible and not acceptable at all.

Nowhere did they promise anything, though?
They said they had a big announcement to make and that's it. And as I already said, circumstances can change.
Maybe they'll announce something by next week, or explain why they haven't. But either way I think getting angry or upset with them isn't constructive, it's just going to make the community look bad.

A theory, forsooth~

Shenmue III was announced June 16th 2015
Summer Games Show potential announcement June 10th 2022

16 minus 10 = 6
2022 minus 2015 = 7
7 minus 6 = 1
Shenmue III + 1 = Shenmue IV.

Obviously.

Now it's thanks to the Dojo that i'm starting to get used to Twitter (never used it until the tweetathons), but I think some people need to be mindful that real people are behind tweets. Mind you, i'm almost 37 and getting old, so dealing with angry people is not worth the aggro. On the one hand, I do think that if 110 didn't cock tease about Yu Suzuki, then we wouldn't be here, but on the other hand, to suggest this is some Abandoned/Blue Box bollocks is way off the chart.

Announcing Shenmue IV at one of the biggest trade shows would be a massive deal than a random reveal any other time.

Personally, I miss E3 and having 3 days of compressed news rather than months of drip-drip-drip news. Nintendo Direct's/State of Play's are fun, but there's a numbness to it all that is hard to overcome.

That and too many gamers(tm) are entitled jerks.

Live in hope~ ❤️

Nowhere did they promise anything, though?
They said they had a big announcement to make and that's it. And as I already said, circumstances can change.
Maybe they'll announce something by next week, or explain why they haven't. But either way I think getting angry or upset with them isn't constructive, it's just going to make the community look bad.
Where did I say people should be angry or upset? 110 should expect people asking what's up with the lack of announcement and if we should expect anything soon though when nearly 3 weeks have passed.

Any professional company would have some kind of follow up or advise if plans have changed. Nintendo doesn't just tweet "Nintendo Direct dropping in a couple of weeks y'all... PSYCH JUST KIDDING! Plans change YOLO"

Not to criticise, but they do seem incredibly amateur.

Edit: And they did promise something. They promised a huge announcement within a couple of weeks. That's pretty explicit and with a rough timeframe that wasn't required. They provided that timeframe. They posted that announcement. In fact, the whole announcement of an impending announcement wasn't necessary without a follow up.

I mean they're not exactly crying about it, but I think, for instance, it'd be nice for this site to have a good relationship with 110 if they're indeed the publisher. They're certainly much easier to contact than Deep Silver.

Two wrongs don't make a right, though. Just because "they started it" doesn't make harassing them every day about it okay :p
They'll announce it when they announce it, there may have been some changes or other circumstances stopping them from revealing this "big announcement" that we don't know about.
If I had to be judged sometime, I want a lawyer like you.
I haven't seen any of us being direspectful with them. Anyway, if you consider it harassing, prepare ourselves to Elon Musk Twitter.

Last edited:
Where did I say people should be angry or upset? 110 should expect people asking what's up with the lack of announcement and if we should expect anything soon though when nearly 3 weeks have passed.

Any professional company would have some kind of follow up or advise if plans have changed. Nintendo doesn't just tweet "Nintendo Direct dropping in a couple of weeks y'all... PSYCH JUST KIDDING! Plans change YOLO"

Not to criticise, but they do seem incredibly amateur.

Edit: And they did promise something. They promised a huge announcement within a couple of weeks. That's pretty explicit and with a rough timeframe that wasn't required. They provided that timeframe. They posted that announcement. In fact, the whole announcement of an impending announcement wasn't necessary without a follow up.

No, they didn't promise anything. Nowhere on that tweet did they use that term. They are under no obligation to say anything more than they have just because they threw up a tweet saying there was a big announcement coming up. They can delay anything they have to say and for as long as they want. They don't owe us anything just because some of us feel they do. As I already said, circumstances could have changed and that's why we aren't hearing anything yet.

As for people being angry or upset, you didn't say it. I was speaking in general. None of us should have to resort to that and I fear eventually, it may. Passion can make people do crazy things.

Already people are jumping at them over something. It feels like S3 all over again.

If I had to be judged sometime, I want a lawyer like you.
I haven't seen any of us being direspectful with them. Anyway, if you consider it harassing, prepare ourselves to Elon Musk Twitter.

Posting every day and asking the same question is pushing it a bit. I can understand asking them here and there, but every day? That is bordering on harassment IMO. There's really no need. I understand the excitement but spamming them won't give us any definitive answers any sooner.

index.php

CONFIRMED: Yu Suzuki is the mystery man running 110 Studios.

I just hope we’re also getting a Shenmue 5 announcement on the same day. I might have to cancel my future S4 pre-order if we don’t.

Honestly I think we're gonna get a game overlooked by Yu Suzuki, but not Shenmue.

I think 110 industries has seen the interest now and because of us they may have struck a deal with YS Net to develop Shenmue 4. The interest was there before but it probably didn't seem feasible yet. After all this though, they can't ignore
Suzuki's magnum opus. #letsgetshenmue4

#onceyourealizeryohazukispantstextureinshenmue1lookslikehepeedhimselfyoucantunseeit

I was speaking in general. None of us should have to resort to that and I fear eventually, it may. Passion can make people do crazy things.

Already people are jumping at them over something. It feels like S3 all over again.

Posting every day and asking the same question is pushing it a bit. I can understand asking them here and there, but every day? That is bordering on harassment IMO. There's really no need. I understand the excitement but spamming them won't give us any definitive answers any sooner.
Excuse me quoting and bolding this. IMO we've (in general) near to regretful moments, as fanbase. the worst part of it:
harasment may unleash from being taken away by "fun" and not a harmful intention but it ends being, in fact, harmful.

Im glad of reading this because to be honest i felt a bit paranoid when noted this at the previous 130+ p. thread.
btw closing it may look innocent but it already feels like a refresh and calming down waters.

You all share few places, being "bummed but not angry/violent" the one making me proud the most. And we are not goin' stray out this road.
We aren't exhausting devs ala Hifumi Kono who will never do a game anymore, and not because NightCry sold poorly (in that case the logic step is making a simple casual game to recover losses) but because the overwhelming stream of gross and humilliating comments made by gamers players. Yes, NightCry was buggy and had several flaws but it doesn't justify almost medieval "shame corridor".

User was temporarily banned for this post (2 weeks): Unacceptable behaviour
No, they didn't promise anything. Nowhere on that tweet did they use that term. They are under no obligation to say anything more than they have just because they threw up a tweet saying there was a big announcement coming up. They can delay anything they have to say and for as long as they want. They don't owe us anything just because some of us feel they do. As I already said, circumstances could have changed and that's why we aren't hearing anything yet.

As for people being angry or upset, you didn't say it. I was speaking in general. None of us should have to resort to that and I fear eventually, it may. Passion can make people do crazy things.

I'm more exhausted of keeping this conversation with you than doing CrossFit. I'm Closer to every Shenmue fan than an amateur videogame company and their amateur PR.
But, ok, para ti la perra gorda.

Back